June brings with it fresh fruit deals and National Dairy month. I try and stock up at least enough to last until the next sale cycle which is around 12 weeks. No matter how much you stockpile at a time these are the items to watch for this month:
- milk ice cream, cheese, butter, eggs, yogurt (National Dairy month)
- apricots, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cherries, corn, cucumber, eggplant, grapes, honeydew, nectarines, peaches, potatoes, raspberries, red onions, summer squash, strawberries, sweet Vidalia onions, tomatoes, watermelon
- hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, BBQ sauce, ketchup, charcoal, salad dressing, potato chips, dips, mustard & mayo, relish, ice cream, Popsicles, frozen treats, soda pop (toward the end of the month we will see these on sale for the Fourth of July)
- insect repellant, sunscreen, outdoor furniture, shorts, sun hats, beach toys, bird feeders, lawn mowers, barbecues and grilling utensils, swim wear, kid pools, sandboxes, sandals
- plants, flowers, seeds, watering cans, plant food, soil, weed killers, mulch, compost buckets, water hoses
This is also the time of the year to hit the clearance racks for jackets, sweaters, umbrellas, rain boots, winter clothes. Buy now and save come winter.